Uniform and Appearance
The academy uniform is both practical and smart and a high standard of uniform is an important feature of academy life. Uniform is important to us as an academy because it allows our students to stand tall, have a sense of pride and self-respect for the way that they present themselves. We notice when people look smart and our students are often praised by members of the public and local community for the way that they look. Our uniform is a clear message to everyone that we care about ourselves and each other.
Uniform can be purchased Via MyEd
Using the MyEd app parents/careers can access the online shop. This can be accessed by clicking on the student, going to the payment button and using the academy shop via +Pay.
- Black blazer with Academy logo, sleeves rolled down.
- Plain white shirt tucked in. No polo shirts or blouses
- Academy tie in the correct year group design must be worn at all times and tied to the trouser or skirt waistband. Ties must not be altered in any way.
- School jumper with Sirius Academy North logo. Sleeves must be rolled down and the jumper must not be tucked into trousers
- Plain full length black trousers (regular leg, touching the shoe). Trousers must not be tucked into socks and must not be skinny, tight, short or tapered fitting. Trousers must not be leggings, jeggings, denim, tracksuit, combat style, denim style or have fashion zips.
- Plain black knee length skirt this can be purchased from the academy. Skirts must be non-stretchy material, not tight or bandage. They must be straight and knee length
- Plain black belt can be worn if necessary but must be discreet and have a small sensible buckle.
- Plain black shoes. No boots (ankle/Chelsea, or knee high), stiletto heels, shoes without backs, trainers, sandals. No fashion accessories such as gold/silver buckles, bows or studs.
- Outdoor coats and clothing need to be removed before entering the academy building.
- Black Academy Lanyard and lunch card must be worn at all times.
- Face masks must be worn at all times when outside of the classroom
- Plain black headscarf can be worn for religious observance only. No lace trims, glitter, patterns or frills on headscarves. School ties must be visible when wearing a headscarf.
- Discreet makeup only no fake tan, false eyelashes or excessive unnatural eyebrow makeup. No nail varnish or false nails.
- School bags should be an adequate size to fit A4 books/folders, student planner, pencil case, PE kit and a bottle of water. Rucksack style is ideal. Boot bags, fashion bags or handbags are not suitable.
- Polo shirt with Academy logo
- Black academy shorts / Black academy tracksuit bottoms
- Training top/Fleece with Academy logo
- Training shoes and/or boots
What will not be accepted:
- Mobile phones and headphones are not permitted and, if brought into the academy at the student’s own risk, they must not be seen or heard. They should be turned off and kept in their bag.
- Body or facial piercings this includes nose and tongue, covering jewellery with a plaster will not be accepted.Students can wear one set of stud earrings and a watch.
- No extreme hair styles Hair styles should not reflect the extremes of youth culture. No unnatural dyed hair colour, shaved patterns or lines in hair or eyebrows. No big or bright coloured hair accessories. Only plain black or dark clips and headbands are permitted. No baseball caps or hats. Boys should be clean shaven.
- Excessive makeup/false eyelashes.
- Baseball caps, hats, non uniform jumpers and hoodies are not to be worn on school premises.
- Only plain black leather, polishable traditional school shoes without logos are acceptable. Trainers, canvas style fashion pumps or any other inappropriate footwear are not allowed.
We ask parents/carers, and expect our students, to support our uniform policy. Students must wear the full Academy uniform at all times and take pride in their appearance. Any students arriving without the correct uniform will be sent home to change.
PE kit must be brought to all Sport and PE lessons. If a student needs to be excused from PE then they must bring a note from their parent/carer explaining why they are unable to participate.
Longer term non-participation must be supported by a medical note.
Uniform represents an important form of respect and should be worn appropriately both within the Academy and when travelling to and from the Academy. The tables here clearly show what the Academy uniform is and what is not permitted.