Re: 2nd day of Industrial Strike Action
I am writing to follow up from our previous correspondence about the industrial strike action. As you will be aware the National Education Union (NEU) will be taking industrial action in the form of strike action. This action is not against our school, but is part of a national industrial action organised by the NEU regarding pay and school funding.
The next planned strike day is Tuesday 28th February 2023 (further details will follow if later strike days continue).
In the event that the planned industrial action does not take place, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Students in Year 11 must attend as normal on Tuesday 28th February 2023. Students have only a short time before their exams start and it is vitally important that students attend as usual on this day to continue their examination preparation. Students will be expected to attend in full school uniform as normal. The day will focus on mock exams so it is vital that all Year 11 attend.
|Combined Science Chemistry
|History Paper 3||Maths Paper 3 & 6|
There will be no lesson 7, therefore, Year 11 will leave at 3:05pm.
YEARS 7- 9
- Complete work in the Half Term 4 Practice Booklets and online quizzes assigned to you on Teams. (Use your school email log in)
- Create revision resources (mind-maps, flash cards and quizzes) containing key information for the topics studied this half term, for each subject (link to practice).
- Read a novel of your choice from the Reading Routes list (books can be taken from the school library). Write a review of the novel for the school newspaper.
- Complete lessons on the Oak National Academy website – Key Stage 3 – Oak National Academy (thenational.academy) for their timetabled lessons.
- Create revision resources (mind-maps, flash cards and quizzes) containing key information for the topics studied this half term, for each subject.
- Complete work in the English Wider Reading Booklet.
- Complete tasks on the Dr Frost Maths programme.
- Complete tasks in the students’ KS4 revision guides, relevant to the topic being studied.
- Complete coursework for subjects, where necessary.
In summary, on Tuesday 28th February 2023:
- The Academy will open as normal for Year 11 students – attendance is key
- Years 7,8,9 and 10 will work remotely on this day.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the academy.