We are delighted to announce that Sirius Academy North has been awarded the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA).
Here is the LPPA Report HERE
What is LPPA?
The LPPA is a nationally recognised award is a nationally recognised accreditation supporting schools who deliver effective parental engagement. The assessment is made by an external advisor. A team of staff at Sirius Academy North are working to put together evidence in eight categories for the advisor visit in May.
The LPPA consists of evidence-based Objectives for schools to work towards:
- The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards achieving the LPPA.
- The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA.
- The school is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents.
- The school promotes the awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation.
- The school provides a good induction for all new parents.
- The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them to support their children’s learning.
- The school produces and implements parent-friendly policies to establish effective home – school links and to improve children’s attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school.
- The school provides good support for all parents as their children move through or leave the school.
- The school summarises its achievements against the LPPA Objectives and outlines its future plans.
The numerous benefits of LPPA include:
- A clear framework for action, relevant to each school or educational setting, which helps the school identify strengths as well as areas for development
- Integrated whole school approach to parental engagement with parents/carers who might traditionally find working with the school difficult
- Professional advice and support from experienced senior educationalists, enabling the school to benchmark itself against national practice
- Staff development, enabling key staff and the school to evaluate and monitor areas of their responsibility, in relation to parental engagement
- Significant impact in areas such as improving two-way communication, promoting a positive learning environment, improving attendance, punctuality, behaviour and pupil progress.
For more information, please visit https://www.awardplace.co.uk/award/lppa