Dear Parent/ Carer,
Re: Industrial Strike Action – Thursday 27th April & Tuesday 2nd May 2023
I am writing to follow up from our previous correspondence about the industrial strike action. As you will be aware the National Education Union (NEU) will be taking industrial action in the form of strike action. This action is not against our school, but is part of a national industrial action organised by the NEU regarding pay and school funding.
The next planned strike days are Thursday 27th April & Tuesday 2nd May 2023. In the event that the planned industrial action does not take place, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Year 10 & 11
Due to the proximity of exams for Y11, we will be inviting Y11 to attend as normal on these days. There will also be some targeted work for Year 10 students – these students will be contacted separately. Students have only a short time before their exams start and it is vitally important that students attend as usual on this day to continue their examination preparation.
Years 7- 9
- Complete work in the Half Term 4 Practice Booklets and online quizzes assigned to you on Teams. (Use your school email log in)
- Create revision resources (mind-maps, flash cards and quizzes) containing key information for the topics studied this half term, for each subject (link to practice).
- Read a novel of your choice from the Reading Routes list (books can be taken from the school library). Write a review of the novel for the school newspaper.
- Complete lessons on the Oak National Academy website – Key Stage 3 – Oak National Academy (thenational.academy) for their timetabled lessons.
In Summary – Thursday 27th April & Tuesday 2nd May 2023
- Year 7 – 9: Working from home
- Year 10: Selected students only, who will be contacted separately
- Year 11: In school, as normal, prepping for exams (full uniform required).