Year 7 Maths whizz kids have completed their final visit to the KC for a host of fun Maths activities. They filled in feedback sheets after the events with their comments (below) showing the range of activities and how much they enjoyed doing them.
- On our first lesson we went and explored the stadium and answered lots of Maths questions.
- I enjoyed doing bingo and using the quiz remotes.
- We did different sports and measured our heart rate, then calculated averages.
- Everything was challenging, but it motivated us to push harder and work things out
- I enjoyed going into the interview rooms.
- We went into the club shop and answered loads of Maths questions. We had to find items then do the Maths.
- I think I have actually improved on reading the full question before answering it.
- It was fun, but you are also learning Maths at the same time.
- I would love to go back, and I would definitely recommend it to other students.
In addition, three students (Rafiq Miah, Jamie Lea Offen and Kelsey Uscroft) were invited to speak to an audience of almost 100 people attending Hull Business Week at Hull College, to promote the work being done at the KC. The students were amazing. They were not nervous about speaking on stage and were a credit to the school.
Thanks to Mel and Lisa at the KC, and to Miss Fortnum who accompanied the students each week.
The 15 students involved in the project were:
Offen Jamie Lea